For those of you living under a rock the NFL Draft is coming to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway on April 27. The NFL released the details of the festivities for the free NFL Draft Experience leading up to the first round. Including a 3,000 seat outdoor stadium and 100 yard zip line. Along with those amenities the Draft is expected to draw 200,000 fans.
NFL Draft Experience hours of operation are: Thursday, April 27: Noon to 11 PM; Friday, April 28: Noon to 11 PM; and Saturday, April 29: 10 AM to 6 PM.
Among the NFL Draft Experience fan events:
- Combine Corner – From racing against NFL players to running routes, fans can test their football and athletic skills at Combine Corner, which includes the Vertical Jump and 40-Yard Dash.
- NFL Virtual Reality – Experience NFL games using virtual reality technology.
- The Vince Lombardi Trophy – Fans will have the opportunity to take their photo with the Super Bowl trophy.
- AFC & NFC Locker Rooms – Visit a replica NFL locker room as it appears on gameday. Experience the sights of an NFL pregame with sleek translucent LCDs.
- NFL Museum (Pro Football Hall of Fame display area) – This exhibit features historical Eagles memorabilia, Super Bowl rings and Conference Championship trophies. Fans can get a digitalized Pro Football Hall of Fame bronze bust in their likeness.
- College Football Corner – Fans can view College Football Hall of Fame memorabilia from former first round Draft picks and Eagles legends, and cheer on Draft prospects from their favorite college team. Life size player mannequins offer unique photo opportunities.
- NFL Draft Experience Tailgate – Enjoy selections from some of Philadelphia’s best restaurants in a “taste of the town” tailgate.
- NFL Network Set – Watch NFL Network analysts break down the NFL Draft.
- ESPN Set – Check out SportsCenter LIVE from NFL Draft Experience.
- NFL Shop at Draft – Stop by for the largest assortment of NFL Draft merchandise, including customizable Nike Jerseys and the official 2017 NFL Draft Cap by New Era and other exclusive Draft caps.
- NFL Draft Set – Visit the official NFL Draft set from Thursday to Saturday and see the view from behind the podium.
Hilarious throw in about the Lombardi there NFL. Odds are 5/1 someone from Delco attempts to steal the Lombardi and blames his arrest on PTSD from the 2002 NFC Championship game.
I was actually at the Pro Bowl two years ago when the Patriots and Seattle played and this is almost the same NFL Experience they setup then. It’s honestly a great time and there is always former players hanging out whether they’re now broadcasting or there for the events. I live in the Fairmount/Art Museum section of Philly so I’ll have some shots of the construction leading up to the draft.
For those of you wondering how to get tickets to the draft. There is a great piece written on Bleeding Green Nation (BGN) discussing that. The Eagles receive the same number of tickets as other teams do so the chances are slim. If you don’t get tickets you can always be a seat filler for the draft through 1iota and have the privilege of knowing what a 1st Round OL’s ass smells like in Late-April.
Oh and here’s Jaws talking last night about the Draft and the coin flip happening Friday.